ICU Core Meeting Notes
Nov 29, 2006
at UnicodeSet and CollectionUtilities, make a proposal
around with different options for cnv binary file and report back to
the group with recommendation.
||Update the SVN guide with instructions for SVN branch
Subversion and Trac status
Steven: All servers are pretty much ready to go
- Send a mail to icu-core list about CVS freeze
- Freeze CVS by 5:00 PM 11/29/2006
- Tag final CVS version
- Roll out new version of repository through CVS2SVN
- Send a not to all the lists about the change
- Remove anonymous CVS access by the end of the year
Naming Scheme of SVN Branches
Markus: We should utilize the feature branches of SVN extensively so
that destabilizing changes can be checked into a branch.
Andy & Steven: Commiters could have their own directories
Steven: Maybe use 2 branches one for features and the other for
- All commiters get a their own branches for playing around,
- Features and destabilizing changes should be committed on
Deborah: Rounding in number format and decimal formats is currently
Discription of the problem followed.
Deborah: ICU4J has been fixed by adding a slop. This is not a correct
fix for the problem
Mark: Sounds like a vast majority of people need the
rounding to happen in decimal space and have all the IEEE modes
supported. So we can move away from using doubles and stick with only
Andy: Maybe we should use Big Decimal package to do the rounding
Mark: The increment should be applied in binary space and rounding
should be done in decimal space
Deborah: Apple's numerics people suggested using BigDecimal too.
Mark: we could do that but there may be regression in performance. We
should test the performance and make sure the hit is not large.
Deborah: That sounds like a plan for 3.8 what should we do for 3.6?
Mark: If slop works ok for the current application we could do that.
Deborah: That could work or we could change the DigitList class to do
the right thing when half-up rounding is used
- Move all the rounding logic into decimal space probably
using BigDecimal package
George: Currently all single threaded applications
must link with pthreads library. This is annoying to our users. Ticket
5416 suggests that we change how ICU and there by ICU's applications
link with pthread.
Long discussion followed
- Leave the current default behavior as it is
- Add a new configure option for enabling users to build ICU
in this configuration if they choose.