ICU Core Meeting Notes
Nov 8, 2006
at UnicodeSet and CollectionUtilities, make a proposal
||Submit a jitterbug for restoring
full functionality to Transliteration Demo.
up Java on FreeBSD machine
updates and staging server setup
around with different options for cnv binary file and report back to
the group with recommendation.
Plugin for Eclipse 3.3
Yoshito gave a status of ICU4J plugin in Eclipse 3.3
- ICU plugin does not export all packages, e.g.: com.ibm.icu.impl.
This does not align with the overall strategy of Eclipse. So they will
export all packages
- The manifest file for Eclipse plugin does not have the correct version
- Some consumers are complaining about classes being disabled.
Eclipse contact suggested providing a fragment to override the whole
class.This fragment can depend on JDK 1.4
- 3.6 will be adopted by Eclipse 3.3
Subversion and Trac status
Steven summarized the status of SVN & Trac.
- commit emails done
- plugins : done
- Trac hooks for SVN not suitable for ICU: off the plate
- Everything else is on target
ICU4J @internal APIs
Doug suggested that names be associated with the changes that were agreed to.
Eric took down the names of volunteers
Remaining contentious items to be discussed when Mark attends the meeting